[Healeys] Fwd: HD8 adjustment

Subject: [Healeys] Fwd: HD8 adjustment
From: warthodson at aol.com (warthodson at aol.com)
Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2012 09:28:06 -0400 (EDT)
 Alan,
Thanks for the very good analysis of the problem. I agree the #1 is the most
likely suspect. Next time I am involved in a fresh BJ8 startup I will try to
inspect the throttle plate alignment. That should be in about two weeks. As I
recall, aren't the two screws that hold the throttle plate on the shaft
usually deformed (I think the term is "staked") to keep the screws from coming
loose? That would make adjusting the throttle plates very difficult. I guess
the solution is to inspect the carbs when they come back from the rebuilder,
not after they are installed.
Gary Hodson