[Healeys] 100 MPH Club

Subject: [Healeys] 100 MPH Club
From: varley at cosmos.net.au (Larry Varley)
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2012 17:56:39 +1000
I can confirm that my ( original 10,000 mile engine ) 100 won't do 100
MPH with the windscreen up. About 95 is the best it will do. However
there was a time back in 1973 in my first 100 with 2 passenger ( the
cute female on was sitting in the middle ) that in convoy on the way to
Morwell hill climb near Melbourne, that 2 Healey 100's were travelling
at over 100 MPH. Unfortunately in my case there was a very load bang
from the engine as the top came off a piston, and a cloud of smoke
filled the Princes highway. Documentary evidence provide below as the
young lady points to the cause of the problem. I lied on my website
about the speed to protect the guilty :)
http://www.acmefluid.com.au/larry/ggl15.jpg
Cheers
Larry Varley