[Healeys] [Fwd: Re: Healeys on RT 66]

Subject: [Healeys] [Fwd: Re: Healeys on RT 66]
From: sebring at hotkey.net.au (Joe and Lenore Armour)
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 21:56:21 +1000
-------- Original Message --------
Subject:        Re: [Healeys] Healeys on RT 66
Date:   Thu, 19 Apr 2012 09:46:34 +1000
From:   Joe and Lenore Armour <sebring at hotkey.net.au>
To:     Bob Brown <blkbt7 at yahoo.com>

Bob Brown wrote:

>For anyone living near old RT 66, the Dutch Healey Club has a group leaving
>Chicago Thursday morning heading for LA. The group consists of 11 Healeys, 8
>Morgans, 1 TR3 and 1 MGF. I have their schedule if anyone is interested in
>meeting or just seeing the group. The Chicago AHC hosted a reception for them
>last night.
>

>Just an FYI.

INTERNATIONAL HEALEYS

The worldwide exchange of information,opions and visits has certainly
grown since the 70s when our esteemed Patrick Quinn and the late Alan
'Sebring' Jones went on a world wide trip primarily to see Healeys and
there owners. The fact that Alan's first objective was to steal as many
100.S Healeys back to Australia as he could organise. At that time
several cars heavily modified to take V.8 engines existed and this is
where Alan was successful.

We all know that Patrick then located the BN.3 in UK.
Patrick and wife Caroline are still involved and Pat is the Editor for
Vintage Race Car Journal, its south pacific editor

Along the way many friendships were formed and still exist today.

Bill Bolton was instrumental in a group visit of US Healey people to
then attend the Australian National Rally taht was held in Melbourne
taht year. The tourists then made there way to the Sydney AH club area.
At this time there was a lot of billeting of overseas visitors in
members homes.

Now we have many successful international events and the associated
commaradie.

Bill Emmerson also visited Australia several times to gather information
on the Ex-Works cars that were in Australia and to have his Concourse
winning Healey restored by 100.S guru Steve Pike.

Joe