[Healeys] rear Jag brakes

Subject: [Healeys] rear Jag brakes
From: eandy01 at msn.com (EDWARD ANDERSON)
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2012 22:46:56 +0000
Have hit a minor snag it doing the xj6 rear disc brake conversion. The hand
brake requires an actuator. I called the local Jag dealer and the parts dept
didn't ever list one for the xj6. So far I haven't been able to locate it or
even a pic of one. Everyone just says they no longer exist. I'm just guessing
on how it works, mechanical plunger w/return spring? Wondering if an actuator
for another car w/4 wheel disc brakes might be used , they must use something
similar.  Guess as a last resort I could soapbox derby a stick to cable end
w/piece of bicycle tire nailed on. I'm posting this here since I know there or
Jag owners here. Help please.