Re: [Healeys] Accu Spark kit

To: "varley@cosmos.net.au" <varley@cosmos.net.au>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Accu Spark kit
From: Chris Dimmock <austin.healey@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 19:04:16 +1000
Cc: "healeys@autox.team.net" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=references:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-transfer-encoding :content-type:message-id:cc:x-mailer:from:subject:date:to; bh=VcgxvFYndoIOcNcTKp8ZywcaZ49Pp2Cfli4wit8Bxmo=; b=DFJgz6qpF8WkqfMcNAOmyuSzvtsTkbIrr9HT0SJ9M0vQrTIWFh0vLk/ZGuPAZ8v93h 6pBhbmyjwy/YI/bj+f6lUsYyQugSLqudhwaMPSofvWSCZo313V2XdqzMsZ2BCvLIE7ZZ q79ZWQKYv6wwcek/kmywgekqjqQxhzvyK9NeiAtipyS9jRCtXxyJefhuX7Gsu4WAUn6X Tj8A/RjdaTrI7Xto8Q/Sni0D7c2IwBuYLr+lP5+s7igQ74UE+wNApTzdzmLmSjjCpTTJ wN9EkJSwYAKfNPYzEy72R4AaCO/HihFF9R3XDZaI4ZFV/tutge/5zetBQPkJEDAOI+cm cIVw==
Sender: healeys-bounces@autox.team.net
Hey Larry,
No. But I too have watched with interest. At the moment, their "replacement"
distributors look like they are great value, but they seem to only offer one
cam. 16 degrees.
That's 32 engine degrees. That means you can add 2 - 4 static. Won't let you
start on a modern fuel with a modified engine.
Look on eBay. Lots of dizzy graphs. But all the same...
I emailed when they first came out, but parts aren't interchangeable with
original Lucas.
Can't help with the electronic side.
I really thought they were onto something. But I think it's just been tweaked
to be proprietary and not really interchangeable.
Bet it's not loose in their version of a Lucas dizzy....
Try Pertronics. They do positive earth too.
;-)
Chris

Sent from my iPhone

On 26/04/2012, at 6:44 PM, Larry Varley <varley@cosmos.net.au> wrote:

> Hi Guys, has anyone had experience with the Accu Spark distributor
conversion for pointless operation on a BT7? I bought a kit out of curiosity,
which was quite cheep and found that the firing ring that fits over the
distributor cam, is quite a loose fit and can rotate a little on the cam, so I
can't see how it could maintain regular timing. Has anyone successfully used
this kit? The concept looked good as there are basically no modifications or
extra wiring, and the sender unit fits well........