[Healeys] Early BN1 white wheel wells

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] Early BN1 white wheel wells
From: Michael Salter <michaelsalter@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 09:31:09 -0400
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:sender:date:x-google-sender-auth:message-id:subject :from:to:content-type; bh=pkhpnpm0HRT+jQ94zAyT89nUbNF3dUIylnDQF5Ef+TI=; b=xCOKJGruZJdCO4u3sC/k0nCfNRqYe1OqvS9XaJVGlhRQBVl0GqIPz/OxwwgaYuxn7i Ij3QGYo6fRVRzymssBGK5Ene9/tmsZCa67sdQi78ejlGMofwIk3GkM5xR9KuX9GVA9jW HpOizdKK4PvYfrw0AhfSJM1hhiaNnqSvcUTNnf5iYad4+/JsGnI7yxNe0K/2qki9tMFP xylX4O+/QQFjSpotrP0UX26MLO4ZcCl7oLG3Q6ysfvWsZAVxtZ/6NQy0GWo+IcFtU72G g+QeZZnvsbc5NrEmqWkyBUTTGFabQbMQLJSYMwlMlhx/Ep0JANl8q5sfuIfcHF5gadLB bkLw==
Sender: healeys-bounces@autox.team.net
Oh Wise Ones,

I'm starting on the restoration of my very early BN1 (#174). This is a very
original and sound, apparently low mileage but badly weathered car. During
the dis-assembly process I took about 500 photos of details to aid in the
reassembly.
I was showing these to a very patient and Rich Chrysler yesterday and he
commented that the wheel wells appeared to all have been originally painted
white which seemed odd. Upon closer examination it appears that this may
have been original because the white paint was only on body components
which would have been installed at Jensens and not on mechanical components
which would have been installed later at Longbridge.
This is a Healey Blue car and I'm wondering if this may actually have been
done in the factory. It is a pretty rudimentary "quick shot" with no
evidence of masking but no white on things like the steering column, nuts
holding the turn signal relay, the original front shocks, the real bump
boxes or springs, etc etc.
Just wondering if anyone else has encountered this on a very early Healey
Blue BN1?

--
Michael Salter

        Check My Blog