[Healeys] Tires Again

Subject: [Healeys] Tires Again
From: bspidell at comcast.net (Bob Spidell)
Date: Tue, 01 May 2012 18:22:08 -0700
Thought I've give a little summary of the input I got on tires.

Avons and Dunlops are available, as are Michelin XAS, but I can't find a
convenient source and they apparently are mucho
expensive.  Realistically, Vredestein Sprint Classics--in either 185R or
185/70R are the only practical choice (unless
you really want to spend big bucks for the others,  if you can find them).
Vreds are pretty good, I've run a couple
sets with no problems.

Heaven help us if Vredestein ever goes out of business or decides not to
support the classic car market (FWIW, their
brochures have a red 3000 on the cover).

Anyone comes across a good new source for these sizes of tires please let us
know.

Thanks for all the feedback.

Bob

Bob Spidell           San Jose, CA            bspidell at comcast.net