[Healeys] Tires Again

Subject: [Healeys] Tires Again
From: bspidell at comcast.net (Bob Spidell)
Date: Wed, 02 May 2012 06:16:02 -0700
I think they are competent in the rain.  Modern high performance and 'rain'
tires have at least one--usually two or
more--deep, straight grooves to channel water away from some generally 'slick'
tread, with more typical tread patterns
on the edges.  Also, I imagine the compounding is different; i.e. softer for
rain or HP tires.    Although I don't think
the Sprint Classic is an 'all season' tire--the Sprint+ claims to be--it has
that kind of tread pattern and no deep
channels for moving water out of the way.

My Mustang came with decent BF Goodrich 'all season' tires.  They were a
disaster in the rain--hydroplaned like
crazy--and not very good in the dry.  I bought Continental HP tires--with
several deep channels--and the difference is
night and day in wet and dry.  Unfortunately, it looks like I'll only get
15-20K miles on them, but it's worth it.

Bob

Bob Spidell           San Jose, CA            bspidell at comcast.net