[Healeys] For those really interested in BN1 DETAIL!!

Subject: [Healeys] For those really interested in BN1 DETAIL!!
From: michaelsalter at gmail.com (Michael Salter)
Date: Wed, 9 May 2012 09:36:51 -0400
Hi Alan, thanks for taking the time to read my stuff...
Regarding the type of tool used ... I didn't include one of the pictures of
the end of one of the cuts. (I'll post it on the blog when I get a better
focused version). I have attached it for you.
The end of the cut is square and I think that a small cut out saw may have
been used as Bob suggested.
http://www.harborfreight.com/high-speed-metal-saw-91753.html
I am pretty sure an Abrafile blade is round but without this picture it
would have been a good idea.
Can you imagine the time it took to cut each one out that way?
Furthermore they must have used a very small blade considering the size of
the start hole!!
Much more to follow.

-- Michael Salter

                         *I have BJ8 water pump kits!!*

On Wed, May 9, 2012 at 9:20 AM, Alan Bromfield <bluehealey at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Michael.
> Thanks for sparking up the blog again. I really enjoy this engineering
> archeology and we learn so much from the careful (forensic?)
> dis-assembly.
>
> My guess regarding the strange cuts is that they were made with an
> 'Abrafile'. Tensioning one in a frame deep enough to pass the wheel
> arch would be interesting though.  More to the point however would be
> why the cuts were made in the first place?
>
> I'll be interested in the views from assembled wisdom on this list.
>
> More please Mike.
>

> On 09/05/2012, Michael Salter <michaelsalter at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I have just adder 3 posts to my blog regarding the restoration of my
> > earlyBN1.
> > These may be of interest to some otherwise please ignore.
> >
> > http://www.netbug.net/blogmichael/?p=812  About the car
> > http://www.netbug.net/blogmichael/?p=838   Paint history
> > http://www.netbug.net/blogmichael/?p=865   Unusual front fenders
> >
> > --
> > Michael Salter
> >
> --
>                (__tinyurl.com/healeyforum _)

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of F
fender cut out detail 4 small.jpg]