[Healeys] Difficulty Starting

Subject: [Healeys] Difficulty Starting
From: frogeye at porterscustom.com (David Porter)
Date: Fri, 11 May 2012 08:15:10 -0600
Eoin,
 Likely it's a build up of fuel deposits on and around the bore of the jet,
which moves up and down, the latter action to "activate" the richening for
starting purposes. Choke is not the correct terminology, but it is what we
were given... anyway, 1st course of action is to spray some sort of carb
cleaner product around the jet and move the jet through it's range of motion
and see if that cures it. More often than not you may have to completely
remove the jet to get/remove any heavy build up or corrosion that is
present. If you are careful and the jet glans are in good condition it's a
pull it out and push it back in sequence. If not, well then you will have to
remove the jet assembly and replace the cork bits and re-center the
assembly... which should have probably been done in the first place... ;~)
Dave
frogeye at porterscustom.com

Porter Customs   2909 Arno NE
Albuquerque, NM USA 87107