[Healeys] Ignition Problem BJ8

Subject: [Healeys] Ignition Problem BJ8
From: JPayne at ThorCon.net (Jonas Payne)
Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 15:03:20 +0000
Ignition problem resolved - the incorrect installation order of the capacitor
and ground lead in relation to the nylon bush on the points post was causing
the coil to arc out across its terminals.

This problem was fixed over the weekend and a re-charge on the battery
yesterday resolved the start issue but didn't resolve the conking out issue.

Another stall out yesterday that was immediately rectified by pulling the
choke out on a hot engine (thus indicating that the fuel level in the bowls
was low) indicated a fuel delivery problem, which was confirmed when I got
home in emails from several listers (thanks!!!).  Pulled the line on the lead
carb and turned on the ignition, and the fuel pump is only providing a
trickle, and nowhere near enough to run the car at anything other than idle.

The fuel pump is new, the tank is new and all the lines are new.  The pump
sound and reaction at the front would appear to indicate a blockage on the
"force end" of the system as opposed to the suction end the pump, but I plan
on pulling the lines and determining that tonight.

Jonas Payne
PBR
Cell:   (702) 358-5084