[Healeys] BHP - the real figures.

Subject: [Healeys] BHP - the real figures.
From: austin.healey at gmail.com (Chris Dimmock)
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2012 02:53:55 +1000
I think if the oil pump isn't in the engine, it would be a pretty short, and
relatively expensive and noisy, dyno session....
;-)
Sent from my iPhone

On 01/06/2012, at 2:27 AM, Oudesluys <coudesluijs at chello.nl> wrote:

> Back in those days they gave the power at the flywheel, without
dynamo/alternator or any electrical load, I think even without water pump and
oil pump.
> On the dyno you get the power on the rear wheels, sometimes it is calculated
back to the flywheel, assuming a certain percentage of loss through the
transmission. Thus the figures are not at all comparable.