[Healeys] Installation of FIA approved cut out switch

To: Forum <Healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Installation of FIA approved cut out switch
From: Derek Job <derek.c.job@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2012 15:52:06 +0100
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=q7cNMgzbpc7EtyocZLJvP1xG2zNk9481dcM2OvtY3b0=; b=mKmElLuNKRL0tPk7bMcZVk6kWaBGFD8KedNRn2M4fZys1QHIMN6H3eI/gbDzHoyl9V 2716SGfp5UP3FN0q+E+qz8W4r1udNn76VxVLsEd+ov+CMkJ1Zhwi1jWIyRBTKw3e27WX ZKRPdrhbKX5rFBbt5yddz+hSYccja5asZrejjs5XbYp9SS0V/yAzuGSkMl9GEPWQwKHK 8kDllqEjOsQZXGpUQ23AcYgP6SqMznXHq2Uqc3AHYtXiyWUk0au9+QGWnUdkOW9lA5TD /dqteWzexqYyKXaoHTHol5fUEn3XiRBj+0cDgiuUa9OF3mkRYsKrijsezvBNOlpIlyEp GKqA==
Sender: healeys-bounces@autox.team.net
Hi all,

I've just ordered the above switch and Ive been reading up in preparation
for installation. The FIA approve cut out has 2 big terminal for the live
battery feed in and out then 2 pairs of extra terminals. One pair goes on
the circuit between the coil and the ignition switch and the other pair go
between the 'main electrical feed circuit' (as named in the instructions)
and a 3 ohm resistor to earth.

For the first pair I guess I just take the existing white wire that goes
from coil to ignition and route it from the coil to the switch and then
from the switch to the ignition.

Re the second pair, which connection would be best to acess the main
electrical feed circuit? The switch will be mounted on the dashboard.

I will remove the battery cutoff switch in the boot. Can I just simply
disconnect and remove the  black and white wire that runs from the cut off
switch to the coil?

thanks

Derek
www.healeysix.net