Re: [Healeys] Radiator cap thermostat combinations

To: john spaur <jmsdarch@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Radiator cap thermostat combinations
From: Alan Seigrist <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2013 18:43:43 +0800
Cc: healeys@autox.team.net
All -

Has anybody ever just used a racing blanking sleeve and then just use a
modern thermostat?  It seems the only purpose of the bypass gallery is to
heat the coolant up a little faster before the thermostat opens....
otherwise it just reduces your cooling capability in hot weather.

Why not just use the sleeve + a reverse poppet thermostat?

http://www.mossmotors.com/Shop/ViewProducts.aspx?PlateIndexID=69820&SortOrder=10

Collective Thoughts?

Alan