Re: [Healeys] Sidescreen questions

To: Per Schoerner <healeyguy@bredband.net> FILETIME=[5C942290:01CE0406]
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Sidescreen questions
From: Richard Collins <gonnagitcha90@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2013 19:07:37 -0600
Cc: "healeys@autox.team.net" <healeys@autox.team.net>
So how are you guys installing the "glass"?
I did the rubber and have the new  felt to use but found it hard to do with
the lens in place. I have decided to replace the "glass/lexan" as well since
the original is a mess.

Regards,
Richard of KY
BN 7 #440

Sent from iPhone

On Feb 5, 2013, at 18:55, "Per Schoerner" <healeyguy@bredband.net> wrote:

> Derek
> Exactly what I'm doing as well, have done one so far exept for the felt
strip. The felt strip that I have removed was glued in place. Don't know with
what though, but I plan to use some textile glue, similar to contact glue.

> Yes, the front is fixed, and must be on the outside. On the early BN4s
though the front one was sliding, but you know that, don't you.

> Have you installed new rubber sealing strips? Someone told me some time ago
that this was an impossible task. It took some time, but far from impossible.
I used an old screwdriver that I had bent the tip of a little and filed off
all sharp edges.