Re: [Healeys] Contraversial

To: Joe and Lenore Armour <sebring@hotkey.net.au> s=q20121106; t=1363048900; bh=sAj+eFbLIq9/5FUxJ6Mgg3vcpUQCRVIu5/O5WBSTJuo=; h=Received:Received:Content-Type:Mime-Version:Subject:From:Date: Message-Id:To; b=bgWR2Q6E/eL0fPcnFCVHWpRLLoDbNnlM39gCFJLR+lYdh+BLetE1mYQxabuH8vjwD uLZj9LJob+GjeG7pvx7tAhb+uw5kuRIgKAB1jZ9LEoB057qhr6966OZKlQzUtUhDHJ beRBc9FlBMfwagwednHebxMGZlz9cvXEYH9DOUazT/sdzYfW7MTvycKv02xyw8Mir9 Eu8IC/PDuNj+Ytbmtz4DTFc2G9IcSINoaX4I3Mh/x8NKBUiATL/2EsEwoQJ00CkPsd PWhcDoFvKJTrF5jKx7g8g4CH8ayL7YoMjhHk146DUbRkD/WiILWm9fxnCTDx3NtLaL CM4Zi1n8PXV0g==
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Contraversial
From: Randy Hicks <Healey100M@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 20:41:39 -0400
Cc: Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Just to stir the pot a little, would that Registry include Warwick built
100M's?  :-)

Randy

On Mar 11, 2013, at 1:49 AM, Joe and Lenore Armour <sebring@hotkey.net.au>
wrote:

> You want something controversial!  I will give you something controversial.
>
> After a lifetime devoted to Healeys, now ask yourself what is that exactly?
I started at 17 with my first car a BN4

> a.  Austin Motor Company who were attracted to Donald's first Austin engined
car?
> b. BMC the big brother of Healey ownership?
> c. Donald Healey Motor Company and their 'specials' ?
> d. 'Works' Healeys owned by MG/BMC Competition Dept?
> e. Jensen the real builders of big Healeys
>
> Me I go for  answer 'c'
>
> Now after reading a million magazines, buying a thousand books on sports car
racing, meeting Donald,Geoff,Brian,Peter and Roger I was blessed to become the
caretaker of two 'works' Healeys.
> The last raced Sebring 3000 and the last Healey ENTERED Sprite.  ( not the
last built, that is the Steve Coleman car)

> So what is the controversy?
>
> The AH Club of USA has downgraded both cars to 'bog' standard BJ8 and AN9 mk
IV Sprite in the bible 'Resource Book' entry.  I guess I will never get to
meet others interested in 'c' above and start our own Registry!!!

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/healey100m@gmail.com