[Healeys] [Fwd: Re: Controversial]

To: Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] [Fwd: Re: Controversial]
From: Joe and Lenore Armour <sebring@hotkey.net.au>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2013 23:49:42 +1100
Randy Hicks wrote:

>Just to stir the pot a little, would that Registry include Warwick built
>100M's?  :-)
>

>>Randy

Without wishing to offend ANY Healey owner it is important to recognise
that the Donald Healey Motor Company cars built during the Austin
period cars were , apart from the pre-production 100 models ,
development cars, prototypes or race cars and these were fitted with a
seperate chassis plate of the Healey Co.  and identified as ------
HEALEY   eg.  my 3000 has a  HEALEY  chassis plate and the model is
shown as a ---    ' GT '   and  has  a non standard chassis number.
When I requested a Heritage Certificate there was a long delay and my
money was returned as there was no record of the car!    To my surprise
they had contacted Geoff Healey and he wrote and confirmed the history
of the car.

100M   was produced as a standard production car and fitted with the
enhanced specification but were identified as AUSTIN HEALEY.

Are there other opinions out there?

Joe