Re: [Healeys] Steel wheels again

To: healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Steel wheels again
From: BJ8 Healeys <sbyers@ec.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2013 16:42:50 -0400
The stuff I mentioned is a lacquer-based pigmented paint.  The original
Corroless was a fairly thick (out of the can) red-oxide color primer that was
developed in the UK for use on offshore oil rigs.  Eastwood began selling it,
then apparently changed the name and eventually came out with an aerosol
version.  It's now available in black and silver with red-oxide discontinued
the last time I checked.  All of them have produced excellent results for me,
but as I said I don't know if the current version is the same chemically as the
old.
The first "rust converter" I had experience with was called Extend.  It was a
milky color that turned black on a rusty surface.  As far as I could tell, it
actually made rusting worse.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry