Re: [Healeys] Water Temp gauge problem

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Water Temp gauge problem
From: Oudesluys <coudesluijs@chello.nl>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2013 16:51:34 +0200
If you have an electrical gauge the 10V supply is from a voltage
regulator, a small metal box of about 1"x2" fitted usually to the studs
of one of the larger instruments, but it could be anywhere behind the
dash. If at fault both the temperature and  fuel gauge will read wrongly.
However I presume you have a mechanical combination oil pressure/water
temperature gauge. Most likely the needle has slipped on the spindle.
Lever of the needle using two small screwdrivers. Immerse the bulb in
boiling water and fit the needle on the 2120F/1000C point.
It is also possible that the gear on the spindle jumped. You can rectify
that by pressing the bourdon spring very carefully to free the small
gear on the spindle and then reposition the gears.
Kees Oudesluijs
NL