Re: [Healeys] Starter Question

To: Mike Tobin <ahbt71@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Starter Question
From: Alan Seigrist <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2014 15:57:29 +0800
Cc: Healey <healeys@autox.team.net>
Yeah, any local auto-electrical rebuilder should be able to rewrap the
starter and rebuild it for you.  These guys do specialty applications and
industrial stuff, so they are set up to deal with stuff like this.  You can
go gear reduction too, honestly they are much better... but my old Lucas
has been serving my BJ8 and BN1 both faithfully for decades without
problems, just slow on the go over.  Of course I'm a obsessive compulsive
on keeping my cars in perfect tune, so the old starters work fine with me.