Re: [Healeys] BJ8 Large oil consumption

To: healey.nut@gmail.com, bengaard@850r.dk
Subject: Re: [Healeys] BJ8 Large oil consumption
From: warthodson@aol.com
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2014 11:54:38 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: healeys@autox.team.net
Alan,
I often read about installing a PCV to help reduce oil leak issues. I
know there is more that one way to plumb a PCV, but I do not understand how it
could help reduce oil leaks when compared to an engine which is plumbed with
the original crankcase ventilation system (PCV) & no owner installed
modifications (except the rear crankshaft seal).

Gary Hodson

From:
Alan Seigrist <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] BJ8 Large oil
consumption
Also, if recently rebuilt with rear crank seal, there's no where
for excess
crankcase pressure to go, so it pushes oil out every possible spot
it can -
especially on long trips.  you install a PCV (easy to do) which
will
help equalize the pressure in the crankcase, I think you will find
this is
your problem.
Best,

Alan