Re: [Healeys] Possible contaminates in gas tank

To: R Phillips <healeydriver1@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Possible contaminates in gas tank
From: Michael Oritt <michael.oritt@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2014 06:37:20 -0400
Cc: healeylist <Healeys@autox.team.net>
Ric--

Though your problem may relate to something other than debris in the fuel,
etc. a fuel filter never hurts. Some choose to install one close to the
carbs in the engine compartment.  I prefer to place it between the tank and
the fuel pump so that it protects the latter as the screens in the pump are
quite small and easily clogged.  If you opt for this location and cut the
metal fuel line remember that it--the line--provides a ground for the fuel
sender so install a new wire from the sender to recreate this path.

As to how to clean the tank:  You can gain access to its innards by
removing the sender unit and snooping around inside the tank but if you
really want to clean it out the best way would be to remove it from the car
and proceed from there.

Best--Michael Oritt