Re: [Healeys] Remove bolts lower A arm

To: Chris Scholz <drscholz@visioncenterpc.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Remove bolts lower A arm
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2014 14:08:22 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Thread-index: Ac/rdGl6ocKi7R1hTXa+teKA6dg9GAiGcIaP s=q20140121; t=1413727703; bh=yPZYLTWWPk3aNeXCWceq7r/B+eVlORSJVUtlS50CMvQ=; h=Received:Received:Date:From:To:Message-ID:Subject:MIME-Version: Content-Type; b=YmhHovSwpL02ErZisY+ZFuc1Dhf9NLZkVuXqpaknm5pvA/D9dvHHB0X27MoRQhugP vK4N0Zsie5FtjaibAnDQ/zK5RsMbK8uMS/NtSq7XkjEFDHnkr0+E1NOFVa1uRkpAnI IbP3hqg05BtIvQPKGFPCmV6Ml2aIC+PGzwfTsQ9fC7i70qxL+zGLETKDo5igE1bhow sN9FRLS7mLAa/VO0deq6PCiTpxY7BSsxy2u91HUVDPyI0MuVHIi1UUa9cvnviVRGws Vrzwwo0HW5298UCpuJElUgwOIKK8Ltzw7UEv9eea8AlNi7pGeE0mCQ3vIvUTlgS84M V/xmnMz8b/rMg==
Just about my least favorite job on a Healey. If you can get just a little
clearance between the big, washer-shaped head you can use a pickle fork (aka
ball joint separator) and a good-sized hammer to wedge the bolt out. Not
elegant, and the bolt head will probably deform a little, but it can be
straightened out on the bench.

To get a little clearance and, if you're lucky, maybe get the bolt loose put
the nut back on a few thread to protect the threads and use a pry bar against
the nut, bracing somewhere on the frame. Put some anti-seize on the bolt when
you put it back in and maybe spare yourself the grief next time.

Anyone knows a better way I'd be glad to hear it.

Bob