Re: [Healeys] Torque Wrench and Head Studs

To: "rrengineer.mike" <rrengineer.mike@att.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Torque Wrench and Head Studs
From: Fred Wescoe <fredwescoe@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2015 20:57:03 -0500
Cc: healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>

--089e011778e72a8182050ca72c22

I purchased the $70 torque from Sears about 14 months ago.  It was the
click adjust type which adjusted the settings with a twist of the handle.
I used it many times and the wrench was really terrific.  The wrench was
always stored in the original plastic box and hung from a hook on my peg
board wall.  A month or so ago, I was working on the Healey and tried to
adjust the settings by twisting the handle.  The handle just turned and
turned without changing the setting.  I went back to Sears expecting an
exchange because the wrench was a Craftsman with a lifetime guarantee.
This item does not have the usual lifetime guarantee (not stated anywhere)
and Sears would not replace it.  The wrench has been reduced to $39 and the
store which is out of them tells me they will not be getting them in
stock.  They are now a clearance item company wide.

I looked at the item on the Sears site and there were several comments by
buyers who had the same experience as me.  I would not buy a torque wrench
from Sears.  My 1/2" drive and the 3/8" drive appear to be of identical
construction so don't bother with the smaller one either.

For the moment, I have gone back to using my beam type wrench.

Disappointed in Sears and what appears to be a change in their "Lifetime
Guarantee" on Craftsman tools.

Fred
63 BJ7

On Wed, Jan 14, 2015 at 1:12 PM, rrengineer.mike <rrengineer.mike@att.net>
wrote:

> Can anyone recommend a decent torque Wrench at a somewhat reasonable b
> price?  In that vein, what is the coarse thread size for the head Studs o=
> the four cylinder model so I can buy a thread chaser tap.
> Mike MacLean
> 56 BN2
> 60 AN5
>

> Sent via the Samsung GALAXY S=C2=AE 5, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/fredwescoe@gmail.com

--089e011778e72a8182050ca72c22

ears about 14 months ago.=C2=A0 It was the click adjust type which adjusted=
 the settings with a twist of the handle.=C2=A0 I used it many times and th=
e wrench was really terrific.=C2=A0 The wrench was always stored in the ori=
ginal plastic box and hung from a hook on my peg board wall.=C2=A0 A month =
or so ago, I was working on the Healey and tried to adjust the settings by =
twisting the handle.=C2=A0 The handle just turned and turned without changi=
ng the setting.=C2=A0 I went back to Sears expecting an exchange because th=
e wrench was a Craftsman with a lifetime guarantee.=C2=A0 This item does no=
t have the usual lifetime guarantee (not stated anywhere) and Sears would n=
ot replace it.=C2=A0 The wrench has been reduced to $39 and the store which=
 is out of them tells me they will not be getting them in stock.=C2=A0 They=
n the Sears site and there were several comments by buyers who had the same=
 experience as me.=C2=A0 I would not buy a torque wrench from Sears.=C2=A0 =
My 1/2&quot; drive and the 3/8&quot; drive appear to be of identical constr=
pointed in Sears and what appears to be a change in their &quot;Lifetime Gu=
 2015 at 1:12 PM, rrengineer.mike <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:r=
rengineer.mike@att.net" target=3D"_blank">rrengineer.mike@att.net</a>&gt;</=
span> wrote:<br><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8e=
x;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><div><div>Can anyone recomme=
nd a decent torque Wrench at a somewhat reasonable b price?=C2=A0 In that v=
ein, what is the coarse thread size for the head Studs on the four cylinder=
=3D"font-size:9px;color:#575757">Sent via the Samsung GALAXY S=C2=AE 5, an =
s/fredwescoe@gmail.com" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/opt=
ions/healeys/fredwescoe@gmail.com</a><br>

--089e011778e72a8182050ca72c22--