Re: [Healeys] Torque Wrench and Head Studs

To: "rrengineer.mike" <rrengineer.mike@att.net>, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Torque Wrench and Head Studs
From: David Porter <frogeye@porterscustom.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2015 11:28:01 -0700
--===============0141177809488478119==
 boundary="------------090203000204080300030909"

--------------090203000204080300030909

I certainly would not recommend chasing the threads. Instead clean with
kerosene or soap and water. Use a bottle brush or similar. You really
don't want to remove ANY metal... use a small amount of anti-seize when
re-installing studs
dp

--
Dave Porter Porter Custom Bicycles 2909 Arno St. NE Albuquerque, NM
87107 505-352-1378 Go HERE: my world www.porterbikes.com/

--------------090203000204080300030909

  <head>
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
    I certainly would not recommend chasing the threads. Instead clean
    with kerosene or soap and water. Use a bottle brush or similar. You
    really don't want to remove ANY metal... use a small amount of
    anti-seize when re-installing studs<br>
    dp<br>
      wrote:<br>
      cite="mid:0i23tn8a4sce4rfxcjoacmhc.1421259141826@email.android.com"
      type="cite">
        charset=windows-1252">
        reasonable b price?  In that vein, what is the coarse thread
        size for the head Studs on the four cylinder model so I can buy
        a thread chaser tap.</div>
          GALAXY S® 5, an AT&amp;T 4G LTE smartphone</div>

</pre>
      Dave Porter
      Porter Custom Bicycles
      2909 Arno St. NE
      Albuquerque, NM 87107
      505-352-1378
      Go HERE: my world <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="http://www.porterbikes.com/";>www.porterbikes.com/</a>

--------------090203000204080300030909--