Re: [Healeys] Rear axle gasket question

To: Oudesluys <coudesluijs@chello.nl>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Rear axle gasket question
From: Chris Dimmock <austin.healey@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2015 00:33:02 +1100
Cc: Austin Healey <healeys@autox.team.net>
Dampness??
At the rear axle oil seal?
Only if you never drive it Kees.
Ask anyone who has ever given a Healey a hard time, and I can almost guarantee
that the rear diff to axle  seal isn't the standard rubber one.
The gasket isn't the issue. The standard seal fails under the heat.
I use a CR seal. I'll look up the number tomorrow.
There are brake temps, axle oil temps - more than enough temperature to dry out
a paper gasket.
Seriously.
Chris

Sent from my iPhone