Re: [Healeys] follow up on emails of buyers

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] follow up on emails of buyers
From: Larry Varley <varley@cosmos.net.au>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2015 10:23:39 +1100
When it comes to Australia, I think the importation of Healeys is coming
to an end, as we have seen the Australian dollar drop from parity with
the USD to under 0.80 cents and it will probably go to 0.75. This makes
importing cars that cost much the same in both countries too expensive
to import. I fact what we are seeing here now is a trend where buyers
will purchase the car here, have it restored, and shipped out. There are
at least 2 I know of being restored here in Melbourne at the moment for
overseas customers, and probably more will follow with the favourable
cost of having a quality restoration done here. In regard to BJ8's I
believe only about 8 ( Patrick Quinn would know the exact number ) were
ever bought into Australia as new cars, now we have hundreds, so I
imagine we can afford to loose a few of them :)
Cheers
Larry Varley