Re: [Healeys] follow up on emails of buyers

To: BJ8Healeys <sbyers@ec.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] follow up on emails of buyers
From: Derek Job <derek.c.job@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2015 12:15:15 +0000
Cc: healeys <Healeys@autox.team.net>

--001a11c2b67a1f26f8050f1f6c7a

Joe Cox sold his car to the Healey Museum last year.

Derek

On Sun, Feb 15, 2015 at 1:20 AM, BJ8Healeys <sbyers@ec.rr.com> wrote:

> Graeme, I had the following exchange earlier this evening with another
> lister:
> Larry, there is some confusion in my mind about the identities of the three
> 4000s that were built (it's a little-known fact that I am also the
> Registrar
> for the 4000s (winking smiley face inserted here on the original).
>
> One of the cars (a white one, VIN 624W1628) was purchased by Allan Casavant
> of Charlotte, North Carolina in 2005 from Arthur Henry Carter of Norfolk,
> England who had owned the car since 1978.  Mr. Casavant displayed the car
> at
> the 2005 AHCA Conclave in Winston-Salem, NC and he also drove it on the
> annual mountain tour sponsored by the Carolinas AHC in August 2006.  I saw
> the car at both events.  Mr. Casavant was the "sugar daddy" of the proposed
> A-H museum to be established at the Virginia International Raceway, but he
> had the misfortune to go through a nasty divorce and ended up having to
> sell
> off his 4000 (and a Silverstone, and probably a lot of other stuff I don't
> know about).  That's how the Healey museum ended up in The Netherlands
> rather than in Virginia.  The car was offered for sale, and then I lost
> track of it until I saw the video by The Healey Factory.
> Is it the same car?  Well, both are white and have the UK (style)
> registration number PWD 663F.  That was the license plate on the car when I
> saw it, and the car in the video has the same plate.
>
> Of the other two, VIN 460W1001 (UK registration TNX 65G, a green car) was
> owned by Peter Cox of Gloucestershire and at last report was owned by his
> son Joe, also of Gloucestershire.  The third, VIN ADO/1002 or ADO24/1002
> (was white, now red, or maybe now white) is the car owned by Peter Rowland.
> Previously owned by John Gray, England (offered for sale in the AHCA
> magazine Chatter, February 1994), previously owned by Steve Pike, Australia
> (1974 - ?), and before that by Frank Allenby, England (Healey Highlights,
> December 1975).
>
> It's very possible that the car at The Healey Factory is different from the
> one that was owned by Allan Casavant.  But then, why do they both have the
> same UK registration number?
>
> If you can shed any light to correct the histories or any of the other
> data,
> I would very much like to have it.
>
> Thanks,
> Steve
>

> Hi Steve, are you sure about your information on the 4000? I have coffee at
> the Healey Factory every Saturday morning, and the only 4000 I know of
> being
> there is now fully restored and owned by Peter Rowland, Rob Rowlands
> brother. That car has been in Australia for a very long time.

ass=3D"gmail_quote">On Sun, Feb 15, 2015 at 1:20 AM, BJ8Healeys <span dir=
=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:sbyers@ec.rr.com"; target=3D"_blank">sbyers@e=
=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">Graeme, =
I had the following exchange earlier this evening with another<br>
lister:<br>
------------------------------------------------------<br>
Larry, there is some confusion in my mind about the identities of the three=
4000s that were built (it&#39;s a little-known fact that I am also the Regi=
strar<br>
for the 4000s (winking smiley face inserted here on the original).<br>
One of the cars (a white one, VIN 624W1628) was purchased by Allan Casavant=
of Charlotte, North Carolina in 2005 from Arthur Henry Carter of Norfolk,<b=
r>
England who had owned the car since 1978.=C2=A0 Mr. Casavant displayed the =
car at<br>
the 2005 AHCA Conclave in Winston-Salem, NC and he also drove it on the<br>
annual mountain tour sponsored by the Carolinas AHC in August 2006.=C2=A0 I=
 saw<br>
the car at both events.=C2=A0 Mr. Casavant was the &quot;sugar daddy&quot; =
of the proposed<br>
A-H museum to be established at the Virginia International Raceway, but he<=
br>
had the misfortune to go through a nasty divorce and ended up having to sel=
l<br>
off his 4000 (and a Silverstone, and probably a lot of other stuff I don&#3=
9;t<br>
know about).=C2=A0 That&#39;s how the Healey museum ended up in The Netherl=
ands<br>
rather than in Virginia.=C2=A0 The car was offered for sale, and then I los=
t<br>
track of it until I saw the video by The Healey Factory.<br>
Is it the same car?=C2=A0 Well, both are white and have the UK (style)<br>
registration number PWD 663F.=C2=A0 That was the license plate on the car w=
hen I<br>
saw it, and the car in the video has the same plate.<br>
Of the other two, VIN 460W1001 (UK registration TNX 65G, a green car) was<b=
r>
owned by Peter Cox of Gloucestershire and at last report was owned by his<b=
r>
son Joe, also of Gloucestershire.=C2=A0 The third, VIN ADO/1002 or ADO24/10=
02<br>
(was white, now red, or maybe now white) is the car owned by Peter Rowland.=
Previously owned by John Gray, England (offered for sale in the AHCA<br>
magazine Chatter, February 1994), previously owned by Steve Pike, Australia=
(1974 - ?), and before that by Frank Allenby, England (Healey Highlights,<b=
r>
December 1975).<br>
It&#39;s very possible that the car at The Healey Factory is different from=
 the<br>
one that was owned by Allan Casavant.=C2=A0 But then, why do they both have=
 the<br>
same UK registration number?<br>
If you can shed any light to correct the histories or any of the other data=
,<br>
I would very much like to have it.<br>
Thanks,<br>
Steve<br>
Hi Steve, are you sure about your information on the 4000? I have coffee at=
the Healey Factory every Saturday morning, and the only 4000 I know of bein=
g<br>
there is now fully restored and owned by Peter Rowland, Rob Rowlands<br>
brother. That car has been in Australia for a very long time.<br>
------------------------------------------------------------------------<br=

-----Original Message-----<br>
Not sure where you got your information from regarding the Rolls Healey 400=
0<br>
being imported from North Carolina into Australia as to my knowledge there<=
br>
were only 3 ever constructed with 2 still in England and one here in<br>
Australia<br>
Unless another one has been imported recently the car restored by The Heale=
y<br>
Factory for the owners brother back in 2011/12 was originally imported into=
Australia by Steve Pike of Marsh Classic Restorations in 1974 from the<br>
United Kingdom and has had only two subsequent owners including Peter<br>
Rowland. Details of this car and its recent restoration appear in an articl=
e<br>
in my local clubs magazine &#39;Hundreds and Thousands&#39; in July 2012<br=

You will all know Steve from his Streamliner project car and his appearance=
s<br>
at Bonneville and more recently for his restoration of one of the original<=
br>
100S - NOJ 393 which to my knowledge is still the most expensive Healey eve=
r<br>
sold.<br>
While there have been a large number of BJ8&#39;s imported into Australia o=
ver<br>
the past few years ( We still have only approx. 300=C2=A0 hundred including=
 my<br>
car according to Patrick Quinn&#39;s records ) and only 8 were originally<b=
r>
imported this has now come to a grinding halt due to the devaluation of the=
Australian $ which is only equivalent to about $0.75 US<br>
In fact the worm has turned as a few days ago I was in at the Healey Factor=
y<br>
and they were converting a BN2 with some 100M add-ons=C2=A0 back to left ha=
nd<br>
drive for re export to a buyer in the USA. Go figure that<br>
Cheers<br>
Graeme=C2=A0 Molony<br>
( BJ8=C2=A0 29 yrs )<br>
Mt. Martha<br>