Re: [Healeys] rebuilt HD8s

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] rebuilt HD8s
From: Oudesluys <coudesluijs@chello.nl>
Date: Wed, 03 Jun 2015 23:19:45 +0200
--===============1073096825443857054==
 boundary="------------090005040200000009000207"

--------------090005040200000009000207

When you apply the breaks you will get a difference in vacuum for a
moment. This will change your mixture and idle speed. If the change in
idling continues there might be a leak in the servo. Is it right that
the AH has a piston type servo? If so the small leakage past the piston
might be the cause.
Before the carbs were overhauled this may not have been noticed as the
leakage past the butterfly spindles was probably to big compared to the
small leak past the servo piston.
Kees Oudesluijs

George Vernau Sr schreef op 3-6-2015 om 22:56:
> I recently rebuilt the HD8 carbs on my 1967 BJ8 and the car runs great
> again (although the price of carb kits is just crazy these days).
> However, I notice a slight increase in idle speed whenever I put my
> foot on the brake, like when sitting at a light.  I can't ever
> remember noticing this before, is there a vacuum leak or is the
> booster not working properly? Any ideas?
> Thanks for any input,
> George Vernau
> Houston TX

> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/coudesluijs@chello.nl
>

> Geen virus gevonden in dit bericht.
> Gecontroleerd door AVG - www.avg.com <http://www.avg.com>
> Versie: 2015.0.5961 / Virusdatabase: 4355/9936 - datum van uitgifte:
> 06/03/15

--------------090005040200000009000207

  <head>
  </head>
      a difference in vacuum for a moment. This will change your mixture
      and idle speed. If the change in idling continues there might be a
      leak in the servo. Is it right that the AH has a piston type
      servo? If so the small leakage past the piston might be the cause.<br>
      Before the carbs were overhauled this may not have been noticed as
      the leakage past the butterfly spindles was probably to big
      compared to the small leak past the servo piston.<br>
      Kees Oudesluijs<br>
      George Vernau Sr schreef op 3-6-2015 om 22:56:<br>
cite="mid:CAKh-oiHn=8g61C-WpYY4v9o2GHRLThXB4qJJ=O+CeDT=e50+QQ@mail.gmail.com"
      type="cite">
        the car runs great again (although the price of carb kits is
        just crazy these days). However, I notice a slight increase in
        idle speed whenever I put my foot on the brake, like when
        sitting at a light.  I can't ever remember noticing this before,
        is there a vacuum leak or is the booster not working properly?
        Any ideas?
      <pre wrap="">_______________________________________________
href="http://www.team.net/archive";>http://www.team.net/archive</a>
Forums: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://www.team.net/forums";>http://www.team.net/forums</a>

<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:Healeys@autox.team.net";>Healeys@autox.team.net</a>
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys";>http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a>

</pre>
        Gecontroleerd door AVG - <a moz-do-not-send="true"
          href="http://www.avg.com";>www.avg.com</a><br>
        Versie: 2015.0.5961 / Virusdatabase: 4355/9936 - datum van
        uitgifte: 06/03/15</p>

--------------090005040200000009000207--