Re: [Healeys] Northern Hemisphere Lucas Demons

To: I Erbs <eyera3000@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Northern Hemisphere Lucas Demons
From: "J. Armour" <sebring3000@bigpond.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2015 14:30:16 +1000
Cc: Forum <Healeys@autox.team.net>

--===============7711597661169713255==
        boundary="B_3516273019_4211916"

--B_3516273019_4211916
        charset="ISO-8859-1"

I am still living the dream with support from Lucas
Thanks  Joe

From:  I Erbs <eyera3000@gmail.com>
Date:  Thursday, 4 June 2015 2:13 PM
To:  J & L Armour <sebring3000@bigpond.com>
Cc:  Forum <Healeys@autox.team.net>

Sounds like quite a dream . What really happened when you woke up?

Mr. Ira Erbs

On Jun 3, 2015 8:16 PM, "J. Armour" <sebring3000@bigpond.com> wrote:
> Down =ADUnder in the land of OZ I purchased my first BN.4 in 1966 and drove=
 it
> every day. Sold it for a home deposit, purchased another BN.4 and drove i=
> every day.Then went crazy and purchased a car that had been hammered arou=
nd
> Sebring for 12 hours and not having learnt my lessonI purchased another H=
ealey
> that did three LeMans 24 hour and two Sebring 12 hour races all fitted wi=
th
> Lucas stuff and they have never stopped. What is going on?  Maybe it is t=
ime
> to identify the reliable repair / retailer outlets ( and there are many a=
bout
> from the input I see on the list ) and pay the price they have learnt fro=
> experience to select the better product.
> On another occasion I was tuning the BN.4 and it only had 4 spark plugs i=
n the
> head. I was lazy and turned the engine on the starter to check the valve
> clearance and bless my soul the old Lucas and SU system started the engin=
> with two cylinders pumping air and unburnt fuel
> When I purchased the second BN.4 it had been freshly serviced by the not =
so
> well informed ex-owner working at a service station. Two weeks later the =
car
> had been performing well but then would not start. It turned out the good=
 old
> Lucas system had fried the two stroke lawn mower spark plugs the before
> mentioned service station attendant had fitted!
>=20
> I even drove a the 3000 home 90 km with the rotor button held together wi=
th a
> piece of electrial tape.  Good old reliable Joseph Lucas.
>=20
> Joe
>=20
>=20
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/eyera3000@gmail.com
>=20
>=20

--B_3516273019_4211916
        charset="ISO-8859-1"

pace; -webkit-line-break: after-white-space; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-size:=
 14px; font-family: Calibri, sans-serif; "><div>I am still living the dream =
 id=3D"OLK_SRC_BODY_SECTION"><div style=3D"font-family:Calibri; font-size:11pt;
=
text-align:left; color:black; BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none; BORDER-LEFT: mediu=
m none; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; BORDER-T=
OP: #b5c4df 1pt solid; BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; PADDING-TOP: 3pt"><span st=
yle=3D"font-weight:bold">From: </span> I Erbs &lt;<a
href=3D"mailto:eyera3000@gm=
um &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:Healeys@autox.team.net";>Healeys@autox.team.net</a>&gt=
te a dream . What really happened when you woke up?</p><p dir=3D"ltr">Mr. Ira =
Erbs</p><div class=3D"gmail_quote">On Jun 3, 2015 8:16 PM, "J. Armour" &lt;<a =
8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><div style=3D"word-wrap:break=
-word;color:rgb(0,0,0);font-size:14px;font-family:Calibri,sans-serif"><div>D=
own &#8211;Under in the land of OZ I purchased my first BN.4 in 1966 and dro=
ve it every day. Sold it for a home deposit, purchased another BN.4 and drov=
e it every day.Then went crazy and purchased a car that had been hammered ar=
ound Sebring for 12 hours and not having learnt my lessonI purchased another=
 Healey that did three LeMans 24 hour and two Sebring 12 hour races all fitt=
ed with Lucas stuff and they have never stopped. What is going on?&nbsp; May=
be it is time to identify the reliable repair / retailer outlets ( and there=
 are many about from the input I see on the list ) and pay the price they ha=
ve learnt from experience to select the better product.</div><div>On another=
 occasion I was tuning the BN.4 and it only had 4 spark plugs in the head. I=
 was lazy and turned the engine on the starter to check the valve clearance =
and bless my soul the old Lucas and SU system started the engine with two cy=
linders pumping air and unburnt fuel</div><div>When I purchased the second B=
N.4 it had been freshly serviced by the not so well informed ex-owner workin=
g at a service station. Two weeks later the car had been performing well but=
 then would not start. It turned out the good old Lucas system had fried the=
 two stroke lawn mower spark plugs the before mentioned service station atte=
m with the rotor button held together with a piece of electrial tape.&nbsp; =
/html>

--B_3516273019_4211916--