Re: [Healeys] Thanks to the list

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Thanks to the list
From: Oudesluys <coudesluijs@chello.nl>
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2015 18:04:39 +0200
--===============0083853018953429572==
 boundary="------------070302090400000702070705"

--------------070302090400000702070705

Installing an overflow bottle gives you an extra pint of coolant in case
there is a slight loss. The "it will find its own level" is not good
enough for me.
Kees Oudesluijs

Ross schreef op 13-6-2015 om 16:35:

> Gentlemen
>
> I have been meaning to thank everyone who replied regarding my ask
> ?for an elegant solution for a radiator overflow bottle?. Well that
> had to be the dumbest question of the year by far.  Your offered
> solution ?don?t top up the radiator it will find its balance. Works
> like a charm, who knew? Well obviously everyone on the list but me, duh.
>
> Next thanks for the advice on the gas gauge permanently reading full
> that caused me to come to a halt in the midst of what was a  wonderful
> drive in the Healey. It just needed a ground as recommended. The gauge
> is still a little erratic but I will play with it some more to see if
> it smooth?s out. Or does it? Are the gas gauges fairly accurate or are
> they just a rough guideline to gas amounts? I have a new tank, a new
> sender unit and new wiring.
>
> And finally not to bring up another long debated subject but last
> night?s adventure in the garage was to install a Texas Cooler. Not
> because I was over heating and not for any reason other than the lousy
> paint job I did on my original fans was flaking off and I was
> surprised I could find a Texas cooler since they are not being made
> anymore.
>
> Cheers
>
> Ross

> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/coudesluijs@chello.nl
>

> Geen virus gevonden in dit bericht.
> Gecontroleerd door AVG - www.avg.com <http://www.avg.com>
> Versie: 2015.0.5961 / Virusdatabase: 4360/10007 - datum van uitgifte:
> 06/13/15

--------------070302090400000702070705

  <head>
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
      an extra pint of coolant in case there is a slight loss. The "it
      will find its own level" is not good enough for me.<br>
      Kees Oudesluijs<br>
      Ross schreef op 13-6-2015 om 16:35:<br>
      type="cite">
        charset=us-ascii">
        medium)">
          replied regarding my ask ?for an elegant solution for a
          radiator overflow bottle?. Well that had to be the dumbest
          question of the year by far.  Your offered solution ?don?t top
          up the radiator it will find its balance. Works like a charm,
          who knew? Well obviously everyone on the list but me, duh. </p>
          permanently reading full that caused me to come to a halt in
          the midst of what was a  wonderful drive in the Healey. It
          just needed a ground as recommended. The gauge is still a
          little erratic but I will play with it some more to see if it
          smooth?s out. Or does it? Are the gas gauges fairly accurate
          or are they just a rough guideline to gas amounts? I have a
          new tank, a new sender unit and new wiring.</p>
          debated subject but last night?s adventure in the garage was
          to install a Texas Cooler. Not because I was over heating and
          not for any reason other than the lousy paint job I did on my
          original fans was flaking off and I was surprised I could find
          a Texas cooler since they are not being made anymore. </p>
      <pre wrap="">_______________________________________________
href="http://www.team.net/archive";>http://www.team.net/archive</a>
Forums: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://www.team.net/forums";>http://www.team.net/forums</a>

<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:Healeys@autox.team.net";>Healeys@autox.team.net</a>
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys";>http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a>

</pre>
        charset=us-ascii">
        Gecontroleerd door AVG - <a moz-do-not-send="true"
          href="http://www.avg.com";>www.avg.com</a><br>
        Versie: 2015.0.5961 / Virusdatabase: 4360/10007 - datum van
        uitgifte: 06/13/15</p>

--------------070302090400000702070705--