Re: [Healeys] Steering Box and Wire Wheel Questions--BJ8

To: Michael <michael.salter@gmail.com>, Per Schoerner <per@schoerner.se>, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Steering Box and Wire Wheel Questions--BJ8
From: Bob Haskell <rchaskell@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2015 18:35:55 -0400
Lathe - you could sweat the column off the box. :)

I'm thinking a vertical mill with an adjustable boring tool.  I've not
looked at a steering rocker shaft lately.  Assume it can be turned
between centers, if the one on the threaded end hasn't been distorted by
the steering arm removal.

Per/Magnus, can you provide the details of the new seal and the machining?

Cheers,

Bob Haskell
AHCA 3000 Mk I registrar
http://www.ciahc.org/registry_3000mk1.php