Re: [Healeys] Adjustable Steering wheel won't adjust

To: Tom Felts <tomfelts@windstream.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Adjustable Steering wheel won't adjust
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2015 02:05:35 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Thread-index: jlpvemx8TT/eJ/CzWpW6xPDsxnbwMw== s=q20140121; t=1445133946; bh=2HZVzlBz1nzPgWm74md8JVW+EtbIRib7txh/nF0dsUY=; h=Received:Received:Date:From:To:Message-ID:Subject:MIME-Version: Content-Type; b=RrNoRl1YtFa5Vcep0zpiCo28pRQIASJzejS5717NZEJORiKgMCjUwp35jPK49R2qO IofRS/0GX+ioMBtlR1NtkziNCi3TNdRWzWkSD5PlJYq/zLa10kl0nExS0IU2rDvXPw 2niQUdTwC/5MElVuMmUUNT5hzBPAqSeEu5PpesZDheT8YhhALxmX/EZmJ4WP2LNrSf V1QklXu2sF8DqXgoU4d1RPbWQu9DQeMka58wDOt5s0Bi74lwYFPHpeMxN4Kv5MpfeQ gBl2+NUBvaFXPyp2STjO/8Amc77vxFHnLDbO2aw9danP+udEge2SI1iuPUxf+s/MZL kZQKt0CrjRKDQ==

------=_Part_8093069_422537440.1445133935631

Hi Tom,

When I pull the steering wheel on my BJ8 I disconnect the wires at the back of
the trafficator. Be sure to note which color wire goes where.

The locking ring and steering wheel are probably 'welded' by corrosion. The
steering wheel is on a splined shaft and it seems any moisture--just from the
atmosphere--can cause things to corrode and stick over time. When you pull the
wheel you'll want to clean the threads and splines with a wire brush or
similar, and apply a thin smear of grease or anti-seize before re-assembly.

So, where IS this great tire store?

Bob