Re: [Healeys] Adjustable Steering wheel won't adjust

To: Michael MacLean <rrengineer.mike@att.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Adjustable Steering wheel won't adjust
From: Derek Job <derek.c.job@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2015 09:36:54 +0100
Cc: "healeys@autox.team.net" <healeys@autox.team.net>

--001a114013d45b08e505225cee3e

Also remember that when you are sitting in the seat looking at the wheel,
the direction of rotation to unscrew the ring is clockwise not
anti-clockwise.

On Sun, Oct 18, 2015 at 7:18 AM, Michael MacLean <rrengineer.mike@att.net>
wrote:

> What tire store is this?
> Mike MacLean
>

> On Saturday, October 17, 2015 5:43 PM, Tom Felts <tomfelts@windstream.net>
> wrote:
>

> 65 BJ8--------The adjusting ring on my steering column for allowing the
> steering wheel to move in and out is VERY difficult to turn---have to use a
> large clamp pliers.  When I move it to where it should have loosened the
> steering wheel will not budge-----turning it the other way and the wheel
> still won't budge.
>
> I'm thinking of pulling the steering wheel to check things.
>
> Questions:
> *  Do I have to disconnect the wires and pull the column out to check
> things or just the steering wheel.
> *  Is it possible to pull the steering wheel and move it slightly out of
> the way without disconnection the wiring at the end of the tube.
> *  Anyone else had this problem and if so, what was the cause.
>
> any other words of wisdom are really appreciated.
>
> On another topic, I got a very pleasant surprise recently when I found a
> large tire store very near me that had Vredestines in stock---had
> innertubes, knew how to dismount, pull and add innertubes and how to
> balance wire wheels, and allowed me to be with them the whole time--to add
> powder i the new tires and tape to the wheels.  I found this really rare.
>
> They have many of the VRE 185/70 HR 15's in stock--------amazing to find
> this service.
> tom
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/rrengineer.mike@att.net

> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/derek.c.job@gmail.com

--001a114013d45b08e505225cee3e

g at the wheel, the direction of rotation to unscrew the ring is clockwise =
_quote">On Sun, Oct 18, 2015 at 7:18 AM, Michael MacLean <span dir=3D"ltr">=
&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:rrengineer.mike@att.net"; target=3D"_blank">rrengineer=
yle=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><div>=
new york,times,serif;font-size:16px"><div>What tire store is this?</div><di=
tyle=3D"display:block"> <div style=3D"font-family:times new roman,new york,=
times,serif;font-size:16px"> <div style=3D"font-family:HelveticaNeue,Helvet=
ica Neue,Helvetica,Arial,Lucida Grande,sans-serif;font-size:16px"><span cla=
ss=3D""> <div dir=3D"ltr"> <font face=3D"Arial" size=3D"2"> On Saturday, Oc=
tober 17, 2015 5:43 PM, Tom Felts &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:tomfelts@windstream=
=3D"">65 BJ8--------The adjusting ring on my steering column for allowing t=
he steering wheel to move in and out is VERY difficult to turn---have to us=
e a large clamp pliers.=C2=A0 When I move it to where it should have loosen=
ed the steering wheel will not budge-----turning it the other way and the w=
heel still won&#39;t budge.<br><br>I&#39;m thinking of pulling the steering=
t the wires and pull the column out to check things or just the steering wh=
eel.<br>*=C2=A0 Is it possible to pull the steering wheel and move it sligh=
tly out of the way without disconnection the wiring at the end of the tube.=
ic, I got a very pleasant surprise recently when I found a large tire store=
 very near me that had Vredestines in stock---had innertubes, knew how to d=
ismount, pull and add innertubes and how to balance wire wheels, and allowe=
d me to be with them the whole time--to add powder i the new tires and tape=
 to the wheels.=C2=A0 I found this really rare.<br><br>They have many of th=
e VRE 185/70 HR 15&#39;s in stock--------amazing to find this service.=C2=
eam.Net <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html"; target=3D"_blank">http:=
//www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>Suggested annual donation=C2=A0 $12.75<br=
>Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive"; target=3D"_blank">http://=