Re: [Healeys] Coolant change

To: "'Richard Collins'" <gonnagitcha90@hotmail.com>, "'David Porter'" <frogeye@porterscustom.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Coolant change
From: "Herbert Miller" <hgmiller3@qwest.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2015 10:59:51 -0600
Cc: Healeys@autox.team.net
I hate antifreeze because it is so slimy. With a fresh rebuild, on the first
start up,  I always use plane water with an additive I get at my parts
store. The additive is a water pump lub and corrosion inhibitor. When I am
satisfied that the cooling system is secure I drain the system, saving the
coolant for the next engine, and fill with the proper amount of antifreeze.
Seems to me that half a bottle of this additive would renew the existing
antifreeze.
Herb Miller