[Healeys] Bugeye Brake Problem

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] Bugeye Brake Problem
From: warthodson@aol.com
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2015 09:43:26 -0500

------=_Part_40198_744080389.1448635406153

If the rear drum brakes are adjusted too loose it will require a lot of pedal
travel before the pedal feels firm. Try tightening them a little & see if it
feels better. Also, adjusting them tight will assist in the bleeding process.
You can always back them off after you are sure all the air is out of the
system. Occasionally, when bleeding I have found that I need to push down the
brake break pedal very quickly to force air bubbles that are trapped at high
spots in the brake lines to move them down the line. If you push slowly the
fluid can simply flow past the bubble without moving the bubble. I also like
using the Ezeebleed system. I bought one about 15 years ago. It did not have a
lid (cap) that would screw onto the reservoir & seal tightly. That is a
necessity. I improvised & got it to work. Do they now include a tight fitting
cap for the Giriling reservoir?
Gary Hodson