Re: [Healeys] 100 water pump

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] 100 water pump
From: John Vrugtman <javrugtman@htcnet.org>
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2016 20:28:21 -0500
References: <2E414198-7AF2-4010-8DB7-39205A0E146C@me.com> <56d7377e.c75d620a.566aa.ffffc294@mx.google.com> <CAPTa0B64ribxRZ=PLQMsEwocPm3D9wdyZh27irpcbp_8beSP6Q@mail.gmail.com> <CAKkXjqPeNNRYX7JvaYsJRo6EqoNia_SYWri5DgJsFOcH4HyLjA@mail.gmail.com> <56DA43F1.8090807@comcast.net> <CAPTa0B4XNBcYqLktgcn9YmuCf8Xu06DJERjRzTYUnDENw_LWoQ@mail.gmail.com> <CABXhz8_r==XpYfdFqmBvBoby29kFNrdi_Fu5RYRUZ2rTT9Ogyg@mail.gmail.com>
--===============2424736406871859492==
 boundary="------------030403060508000208070901"

--------------030403060508000208070901

I think this qualifies as humor :-D

JAV

On 3/5/2016 7:22 PM, i erbs wrote:

> Thomas Jefferson never trusted M Webster because he only had one way
> to spell a word.
>
> Mr. Ira Erbs
> Portland,OR
>
> On Mar 5, 2016 2:35 PM, "Michael Oritt" <michael.oritt@gmail.com
>
>     On the subject of spelling I have read that in previous
>     times--perhaps even into the 19th century--it was considered a
>     mark of erudition for one to use more than one spelling of the
>     same word in a writing.  I am not talking about words that have
>     actual alternative spellings--such as inquire/enquire--I mean
>     spellings that today would be considered completely incorrect.
>
>     Whether this was a function of ignorance or style I don't know but
>     I have seen it in letters, etc. from the period written by people
>     who were obviously literate but perhaps more permissive in their
>     spelling.
>
>     Best--Michael Oritt
>
>     On Fri, Mar 4, 2016 at 9:26 PM, Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net
>
>         Don't forget spelling!  It's 'grammar.'
>
>         bs
>

>         On 3/4/2016 6:22 PM, richard mayor wrote:
>>         Ah, the two erudite Michaels: grammarians in our midst (or
>>         should I say list). Methinks I should now mind my punctuation
>>         forthwith and henceforth. But, talk about grammer, oddly
>>         enough, I miss  the posts from Ed, even though I did not
>>         understand 90% of whatever he was talking about.
>>
>>         So, was this thread about water pumps? Never mind!
>>
>>         On Wed, Mar 2, 2016 at 6:13 PM, Michael Oritt
>>
>>             Hi Michael--
>>
>>             You said:
>>
>>             /"And the cost of having the parts custom made is
>>             prohibitively expensive. /
>>             /(Never begin a sentence with a conjunction)"/
>>
>>             Indeed, that is a grammatical error up with which I
>>             cannot put!
>>
>>             Belated Happy Birthday--Michael Oritt
>>

>>             On Wed, Mar 2, 2016 at 1:56 PM, Michael
>>             <michael.salter@gmail.com
>>
>>                 Hi Randy,
>>                 I have been trying to find sources for the parts in
>>                 the 100 pumps for some time but as yet have had only
>>                 marginal success as they are completely different
>>                 from anything produced today. And the cost of having
>>                 the parts custom made is prohibitively expensive.
>>                 (Never begin a sentence with a conjunction)
>>                 I have purchased and disassembled one of the
>>                 currently available reproduction pumps and they are a
>>                 mishmash of parts, none of which are similar to the
>>                 originals.
>>                 The problem with trying to use the one that I
>>                 purchased was that the thread used for the heater
>>                 outlet spigot was different from what was required
>>                 for the original brass valve used on the 100 and it
>>                 was impossible to modify the pump to accept the
>>                 original valve.
>>                 Hopefully someone else has better news for you.
>>                 Michael S
>>                 BN1 #174

>>                 Sent: â??3/â??03/â??2016 1:40 a.m.
>>                 Subject: [Healeys] 100 water pump
>>
>>                 Who sells a good replacement for a 100 water pump?

> [...]

  <head>
  </head>
    I think this qualifies as humor <span class="moz-smiley-s5"><span>
    JAV<br>
cite="mid:CABXhz8_r==XpYfdFqmBvBoby29kFNrdi_Fu5RYRUZ2rTT9Ogyg@mail.gmail.com"
      type="cite">
        only had one way to spell a word.</p>
        Portland,OR</p>
        &lt;<a moz-do-not-send="true"
          href="mailto:michael.oritt@gmail.com";>michael.oritt@gmail.com</a>&gt;
        wrote:<br type="attribution">
          .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
              subject of spelling I have read that in previous
              times--perhaps even into the 19th century--it was
              considered a mark of erudition for one to use more than
              one spelling of the same word in a writing.  I am not
              talking about words that have actual alternative
              spellings--such as inquire/enquire--I mean spellings that
              today would be considered completely incorrect. </div>
              this was a function of ignorance or style I don't know but
              I have seen it in letters, etc. from the period written by
              people who were obviously literate but perhaps more
              permissive in their spelling.</div>
              Oritt</div>
              Spidell <span dir="ltr">&lt;<a moz-do-not-send="true"
                  href="mailto:bspidell@comcast.net";
target="_blank">bspidell@comcast.net</a>&gt;</span>
              wrote:<br>
                .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
                      bs</font></span>
                            in our midst (or should I say list).
                            Methinks I should now mind my punctuation
                            forthwith and henceforth. But, talk about
                            grammer, oddly enough, I miss  the posts
                            from Ed, even though I did not understand
                            90% of whatever he was talking about. <br>
                          So, was this thread about water pumps?
                          Never mind!  <br>
                            at 6:13 PM, Michael Oritt <span dir="ltr">&lt;<a
                                moz-do-not-send="true"
                                href="mailto:michael.oritt@gmail.com";
                                target="_blank"><a
class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
                            wrote:<br>
                              style="margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px
                              #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
                                  style="color:rgb(51,51,255)">Hi
                                  Michael--</div>
                                  style="color:rgb(51,51,255)"><br>
                                  style="color:rgb(51,51,255)">You said:</div>
                                  style="color:rgb(51,51,255)"><br>
                                  style="color:rgb(51,51,255)"><i>"And
                                    the cost of having the parts custom
                                    made is prohibitively expensive. </i></div>
                                  style="color:rgb(51,51,255)"><i>(Never
                                    begin a sentence with a
                                    conjunction)"</i></div>
                                  style="color:rgb(51,51,255)"><br>
                                  style="color:rgb(51,51,255)">Indeed,
                                  that is a grammatical error up with
                                  which I cannot put!</div>
                                  style="color:rgb(51,51,255)"><br>
                                  style="color:rgb(51,51,255)">Belated
                                  Happy Birthday--Michael Oritt </div>
                                  style="color:rgb(51,51,255)"><br>
                                  2016 at 1:56 PM, Michael <span
                                    dir="ltr">&lt;<a
                                      moz-do-not-send="true"
                                      href="mailto:michael.salter@gmail.com";
                                      target="_blank"><a
class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
                                  wrote:<br>
                                    style="margin:0 0 0
                                    .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc
                                    solid;padding-left:1ex">

style="font-family:Calibri,sans-serif;font-size:11pt">Hi

                                          Randy,<br>
                                          I have been trying to find
                                          sources for the parts in the
                                          100 pumps for some time but as
                                          yet have had only marginal
                                          success as they are completely
                                          different from anything
                                          produced today. And the cost
                                          of having the parts custom
                                          made is prohibitively
                                          expensive. <br>
                                          (Never begin a sentence with a
                                          conjunction)<br>
                                          I have purchased and
                                          disassembled one of the
                                          currently available
                                          reproduction pumps and they
                                          are a mishmash of parts, none
                                          of which are similar to the
                                          originals.<br>
                                          The problem with trying to use
                                          the one that I purchased was
                                          that the thread used for the
                                          heater outlet spigot was
                                          different from what was
                                          required for the original
                                          brass valve used on the 100
                                          and it was impossible to
                                          modify the pump to accept the
                                          original valve.<br>
                                          Hopefully someone else has
                                          better news for you.<br>
                                          Michael S<br>
                                          BN1 #174</div>
                                        <hr><span

style="font-family:Calibri,sans-serif;font-size:11pt;font-weight:bold">From:

style="font-family:Calibri,sans-serif;font-size:11pt"><a
                                            moz-do-not-send="true"
                                            href="mailto:healey100m@me.com";
                                            target="_blank">Randy

style="font-family:Calibri,sans-serif;font-size:11pt;font-weight:bold">Sent:

style="font-family:Calibri,sans-serif;font-size:11pt">â??3/â??03/â??2016

                                          1:40 a.m.</span><br>

style="font-family:Calibri,sans-serif;font-size:11pt;font-weight:bold">To:

style="font-family:Calibri,sans-serif;font-size:11pt"><a
                                            moz-do-not-send="true"
                                            href="mailto:healeys@autox.team.net";
                                            target="_blank">Healey

style="font-family:Calibri,sans-serif;font-size:11pt;font-weight:bold">Subject:

style="font-family:Calibri,sans-serif;font-size:11pt">[Healeys]

                                          100 water pump</span><br>
                                        for a 100 water pump? <br>
                                        Thanks<br>
                                        Randy</span> </div>
                Support Team.Net <a moz-do-not-send="true"
                  href="http://www.team.net/donate.html";
                  rel="noreferrer"
target="_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
                Suggested annual donation  $12.75<br>
                Archive: <a moz-do-not-send="true"
                  href="http://www.team.net/archive"; rel="noreferrer"
                  target="_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
                Forums: <a moz-do-not-send="true"
                  href="http://www.team.net/forums"; rel="noreferrer"
                  target="_blank">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>
                <a moz-do-not-send="true"
                  href="mailto:Healeys@autox.team.net";
target="_blank">Healeys@autox.team.net</a><br>
                <a moz-do-not-send="true"
                  href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys";
                  rel="noreferrer"
target="_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br>
                Unsubscribe/Manage: <a moz-do-not-send="true"
href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/michael.oritt@gmail.com";
                  rel="noreferrer"
target="_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/michael.oritt@gmail.com</a><br>
href="mailto:Healeys@autox.team.net";>Healeys@autox.team.net</a><br>
          <a moz-do-not-send="true"
            href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys";
            rel="noreferrer"
target="_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br>
          Unsubscribe/Manage: <a moz-do-not-send="true"

href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/eyera3000@gmail.com";
            rel="noreferrer"
target="_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/eyera3000@gmail.com</a><br>
href="http://www.team.net/archive";>http://www.team.net/archive</a>
Forums: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://www.team.net/forums";>http://www.team.net/forums</a>

<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:Healeys@autox.team.net";>Healeys@autox.team.net</a>
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"