Re: [Healeys] Soft Brakes

To: warthodson@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Soft Brakes
From: Price Lindsay <050.rpl@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2016 21:07:24 -0500
Cc: healeys@autox.team.net

--Apple-Mail-01F15D48-F7F9-43F4-B799-E9E377AC246E
        charset=us-ascii

The mc is the same size as the one I removed and as with the original spec. I=
'll try your test once I re-blead the servo. Thanks.=20

Price Lindsay

630-841-6300 Cell

Sent from my iPhone

> On Mar 6, 2016, at 5:09 PM, warthodson@aol.com wrote:
>=20
> Price,
> I assume pedal pressure (not pedal travel) is your question.
> When you replaced the master cylinder did you replace it with the same siz=
e (I.D.) as the one you took out? Also, is it the same size as the original M=
C size for a Phase 2 BJB?
> I would assume that you could test whether or not the servo is functioning=
 by simply comparing the breaking pressure required with the vacuum line con=
nected & disconnected. It would be a good idea to plug the line or fitting a=
t the manifold when you disconnect it so that air is not sucked into the int=
ake manifold during the test. If you do not notice any difference then the s=
ervo is not functioning.
> Gary Hodson =20
> =20
> =20
as about 1/2" of movement before it engages. The pedal is solid when I press=
 it so I believe the system has been bled correctly.=20
>=20
> The feed back I receive when engaging the brakes when the car is in motion=
 is that the servo is not assisting. I don't understand, as the servo was ju=
st rebuilt and it worked fine until I switched out the master cylinder.=20
>=20
> Price Lindsay
> 67 BJ8
>=20
>=20

--Apple-Mail-01F15D48-F7F9-43F4-B799-E9E377AC246E
        charset=utf-8

I removed and as with the original spec. I'll try your test once I re-blead the
href="mailto:warthodson@aol.com";>warthodson@aol.com</a>
face="arial">

size (I.D.) as the one you took out? Also, is it the same size as the original
MC size for a Phase 2 BJB? </div>

by simply comparing the breaking pressure required with the vacuum line
connected &amp; disconnected. It would be a good idea to plug the line or
fitting at the manifold when you disconnect it so that air is not sucked into
the intake manifold during the test. If you do not notice any difference then
the servo is not functioning.</div>

10pt;">-----Original Message-----<br>
From: Price Lindsay &lt;<a
href="mailto:050.rpl@gmail.com";>050.rpl@gmail.com</a>&gt;<br>
To: Oudesluys &lt;<a
href="mailto:coudesluijs@chello.nl";>coudesluijs@chello.nl</a>&gt;<br>
There is nothing in the Bently manual about adjusting the pedal. My pedal has
about 1/2" of movement before it engages. The pedal is solid when I press it so
I believe the system has been bled correctly. <br>
The feed back I receive when engaging the brakes when the car is in motion is
that the servo is not assisting. I don't understand, as the servo was just
rebuilt and it worked fine until I switched out the master cylinder. <br>
Price Lindsay<br>
67 BJ8<br>
--Apple-Mail-01F15D48-F7F9-43F4-B799-E9E377AC246E--