[Healeys] oil

To: healeys@autox.team.net <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] oil
From: "healeymanjim" <healeymanjim@hansencc.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2016 19:20:01 -0700
i guess ignorance is bliss, but when i restored my engine back in the mid 90s i
had never heard of DZZP, or flat tappet
problems and probably did not know what break in oil was.  i put it together on
an engine stand and coated all the moving
surfaces with assembly lube, which i now know contains zinc.  apparently the
gods were looking out for me, as the engine
has been in about 20 years, i use it most every day, and i have never had the
head or the pan off.  rather be lucky than
good any day.