Re: [Healeys] su pumps again

To: John Spaur <jmsdarch@sbcglobal.net>, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] su pumps again
From: Oudesluys <coudesluijs@chello.nl>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2016 11:19:06 +0100
Proper adjustment of the diaphragm is probably the most likely cause.
Screw it in while continually pushing in and out the diaphragm until the
points just do not open any more, back of slightly until it lines op
with the six screw holes in the body and than back of another 4 holes.
Another point of attention is that the blued spring blade with the top
contact point(s). It should be lying flat just lightly resting on the
tiny bridge (barely visible on the edge of the rectangular hole. The
point(s) should be positioned ever so slightly more to the front than
the lower point(s), however it is not very critical. When lying flat on
the bakelite surface a 0.035"blade should just touch the under side of
the spring blade. You can adjust this by carefully bending the upper lip
on the brass lower points assembly. The lower sideways lip is to adjust
the throw of the diaphragm and should be set at 0,07" or 0,09",
depending on the source. I use the latter.
Also make sure the body is properly earthed and that electrical
connections throughout are clean and intact so that the pump gets the
full Voltage.
Make sure the valves are fitted in the right "direction"!!!
Kees Oudesluijs