[Healeys] Belleville washers in BN2 steering box

Subject: [Healeys] Belleville washers in BN2 steering box
From: bspidell at comcast.net (Bob Spidell)
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2017 14:48:08 -0800
The Moss catalog calls for 6 'belleville' washers under the rocker shaft
in the late BN, early BN4/6 steering box (Moss part# 725-115).  Mine
doesn't appear to have ever had them; anyone know if they're required?
I'm guessing yes, because otherwise the rocker shaft looks like it rests
on a rough surface but, they list for $12.79/ea, and if they're not
necessary--or if anyone knows of a cheaper alternative--I'd prefer not
to spend that much.

TIA,

Bob