[Healeys] SU carb reamer needed

Subject: [Healeys] SU carb reamer needed
From: austinhealeyslist at gmail.com (Austin Healeys List)
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2017 09:02:09 +1300
Valve guide reamers are pretty cheap
http://www.ebay.com/itm/152401791266

You can usually pull them backwards through the carb and use the
handle as a pilot so the holes are aligned. All the linkages have to
be reamed out too.

Alternatively you can drill out the old brass bushings and install
ptfe lined DU bushings per the SU/Burlen recommended overhaul
procedure and use stock shaft size. A 3/8 reamer with the handle
turned down to 5/16 is perfect for installing these bushings.

Andy.