[Healeys] SU carb reamer needed

Subject: [Healeys] SU carb reamer needed
From: nmcd10 at gmail.com (Neil McDonald)
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2017 11:55:48 +0000
With adequate resources it's clear that addressing both the shaft and bushing
would be the optimum solution. However as an impoverished student over 50 years
ago I recall changing out the throttle shafts on my Sprite, at minimal cost,
convincing myself that this made a difference! Joe Curto wants around $500 to
rebuild a pair of SUs. Now as a retiree I have more resources but still need to
manage how much money I spend on my hobby.

If the wear is limited, maybe shaft replacement only might be cost effective?
Neil McDonald
BN6

Email: nmcd10 at gmail.com