[Healeys] Heat Shields

Subject: [Healeys] Heat Shields
From: sentenac.rw at gmail.com (sentenac.rw at gmail.com)
Date: Sat, 04 Mar 2017 10:58:47 -0800
It is a two-part refinishing process.  First part is two coats of
Rustoleum Clean Metal Primer 7780830.  Then you apply a very light
coat of MinWax Polyurethane Clear Satin to seal the surface and make
it cleanable.  Both are spray cans and each can contains enough for a
dozen cars :-)  You don't want the urethane to look shiny.  The
instructions are included with Moss's kit.  The primer is a nice
off-white that Roger found to match the original color.

-Roland
BN1 #724 with heat shields installed but not ready for the road

On Sat, 4 Mar 2017 12:24:51 -0500, you wrote:

>I recall someone mentioning that Roger Moment developed a finish to apply to
>hardi board to make the finish like the original asbestos.  I?ve looked
>through the archives and on John Simm?s site and can?t find the note.  Does
>anyone know the finish he used or is there someone that can provide me with a
>proper finish?
>
>Thank you in advance.
>
>Price Lindsay
>67 BJ8