[Healeys] OT: '71 Midget Mk III

Subject: [Healeys] OT: '71 Midget Mk III
From: glemon at neb.rr.com (glemon at neb.rr.com)
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2017 13:52:10 +0000
It looks and sounds like a nice car at a decent price.  As with any old car
check for rust or bad rust repairs, rocker panels, floors, bottom of the little
area between the front fender and the door.  Most parts are cheap and readily
available new and used.  Check that the front suspension is tight, it can be
relatively expensive to fix.  Tranny, same thing, non synchro first often gets
banged up and chipped, it should whine a little, not a lot.

The asking price used to be all the money in the world for a Midget, but they
have gone up like everything else.  They are a hoot to drive, like a little go
kart.  I don't know the situation, I don't know if I would want one for my
young kids first and only car (let them learn their lessons in a Carolla or
something) but as a weekend or fun car they are great.

Greg Lemon
(first car, 66 Sprite, several others after)