[Healeys] Starter

Subject: [Healeys] Starter
From: bspidell at comcast.net (Bob Spidell)
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2017 04:18:54 +0200 (CEST)
I took the advice of several on the List and Forum, and had the starter for my
BJ8 overhauled.  I installed it and gave it a whirl; I was caught off guard at
how fast the engine turned over and fired-up, and over-revved the engine for a
couple seconds.  I won't say it was as fast as a geared starter, but it spun
the engine plenty fast, and much faster than I recall it ever working.  All
this time--over 30 years' ownership of this car--I just assumed that Lucas
starters sounded like it was all they could do to crank with the 'rnh-rnh-rnh'
sound; like the starters on most piston aircraft engines I've flown (most of
these planes were seriously under-batteried).

Thanks to all who provided advice.   Now, I gotta get the starter on the BN2
done.

Bob

Bob Spidell - San Jose, CA