[Healeys] Starter

Subject: [Healeys] Starter
From: bspidell at comcast.net (Bob Spidell)
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2017 16:56:02 +0200 (CEST)
I've had my generator and starter rebuilt recently by Star Auto Electric:
http://www.starautoelectric.com/

The owner, Mike Martinez, knows his stuff and is very responsive and helpful (I
had lots of questions).  Both ran about $300/ea, which ain't cheap, but given
either--esp. the generator--can strand you the peace of mind is worth it to me
(I almost bought a spare generator to take on long road trips, but now feel
confident I don't need one).  He turned both around in a day or two.  I also
bought a voltage regulator from him, which he sources from England, because he
convinced me the one I bought from Moss a couple years ago is inadequate (he
said some of the repop VRs are not only Chinese-made, but are actually made for
tractors, and the guts look flimsy compared to OEM).

NFI, but tell Mike I sent you ;)

Bob

Bob Spidell - San Jose, CA