[Healeys] BJ-8 fuel sending unit - changed?

Subject: [Healeys] BJ-8 fuel sending unit - changed?
From: thehartnetts at earthlink.net (Len and/or Marge Hartnett)
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2017 21:48:21 -0700
Al Fuller has quoted Rich Chrysler.  I can do the same.  In e-mails that were
exchanged in 2009 between Rich, other Listers and me, we discussed the float
and terminal situation when a Lister said the illustrations in the parts manual
showed the terminal facing rearward:

Rich's reply was:  The fuel sender is fitted with the screw terminal toward the
back of the
car, placing the float forward to the deepest and closest point to the pick
up tube.

>(From me to Rich):  Attached is a photo of the fuel sender that is installed
>in my tank - both
> terminal and float toward the front. Can't vouch for how long it has been
> in there. I have two in my parts supply that are as you stated - terminal
> to the rear, float to the front.
>
> Is mine a fluke or does it belong to some other make/model car?

(From Rich):  ...... I removed the sender from this original '65 BJ8 tank this
week and
it's exactly the same as yours. The float faces toward the front of the car
as does the terminal.

I never did find out what other make/model of car the sending unit with the
rear facing terminal was installed in.

(The Other) Len
Fairfield, CA, USA
1967 AH 3000 MkIII, HBJ8L39031