[Healeys] Front Hub Runout

Subject: [Healeys] Front Hub Runout
From: ahbt71 at gmail.com (Mike Tobin)
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2017 18:20:22 -0600
All,
Thanks to y'all I've gotten the calipers apart and together again.
Now I've run into a problem trying to fit the first one.
It looks like I've maybe an 1/8" of runout at the hub (measured at the edge
of the hub flange  - I've taken the disc off).
I'm using new bearings and the races appear to have been driven home.  I
tightened the hub down without the shims like the book says to make sure
they're seated. The turning action of the hub is smooth.
Any suggestions as to where the runout could be coming from and how to
check?
The archive mentions that sometimes the ends of the distance piece aren't
really parallel.

Thanks Yet Again,
Mike Tobin
Townsend, Montana