[Healeys] A Mystery

Subject: [Healeys] A Mystery
From: tomfelts at windstream.net (Tom Felts)
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2017 14:48:04 -0400
so it did have a filter over the PU line.  That is what I had and in spite of
some who doubted it. it was there---apparently from and as original.

tom
---- warthodson at aol.com wrote:

I cannot find my photos of the filter on the end of the fuel tank pick-up, but
as I recall, it was very well secured to the tube & it is unlikely that you
could have blown it off. Also, as I recall, if you have an original style fuel
pump, it has a check valve built into it which will prevent fuel from flowing
backwards thru the pump. You may have damaged this depending on the air
pressure you use when you blew backwards thru the pump. This might apply to
after market pumps, too.